Phil Diers - Sculptor
P.O. Box 14476, San Francisco, California 94114, (415) 596-2032
About the artist
Phil Diers has engaged in sculpture, mold making and casting and has worked in the building trades since 1970. He has executed architectural ornamentation and sculpture in plaster, resin-stone or concrete, including custom mantels, friezes, gargoyles, cartouches, ornate mirror frames, figures and fountains. When provided with a photograph or a drawing, Phil sculpts to specifications in three dimensions. His extensive architectural library provides additional visual inspiration.
Signature Projects: 1985-present
· Reproduced ornament for the Old Oakland Project on 9th Street in Oakland
· Modeled a life size figure of Isis for an Egyptian beauty spa in San Francisco
· For Stanford University, re-created a Luca della Robia frieze panel from Florence, Italy using pictures he found in library books
· For a San Francisco decorator, executed an ornate French style fireplace surround from a magazine photo
· Using a pre-1906 historic photo of the Ames Building façade in Mountain View, re-created the 9’ x 4’ frieze, lost in the 1906 earthquake
· Restored, molded, cast and installed four new ionic capitals for a circa 1904 San Francisco colonial mansion
· Sculpted two 3’ high owls for the Palo Alto High School theater exterior
· Restored a fire damaged pre-1941 Madonna della Guardia sculpture for a local Catholic church
Lyncrusta or anaglypta wallcovering.
|back to home page|